Saturday, March 24, 2012

CFC #45 The Bold and The Beautiful!

This week's CAS-ual Fridays challenge is to use pastels with black. So I don't often think of black and pastels together, but I have to say that it's quite striking! I love it! I started with a butterfly cut out of grunge paper and then put crackle paint on it then aged photo ink and rhinestones. Then I used embossing powder to add the "Merci" and lastly added the scalloped border. Oh wait, and at the last minute I added light blue glimmer mist...

It's a beautiful day in New England so it's time to enjoy the perfect weather outside! Enjoy your weekend!

6 comments:

  1. very pretty! i agree, it is a striking combination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Kendra! Love your little strip of floral scallops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! I love the butterfly! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just lovely! Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely. The embossed sentiment makes it classy and perfect for the challenge this week at CAS-ual Fridays! Thanks so much for joining us:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely spring like, and so flirty and fun!

    ReplyDelete