Friday, May 4, 2012

Mason jar vases

My friend Nicole's birthday was this past weekend and she loves Ball jars (let's be honest, I'm pretty obsessed myself!). Her house is decorated in fun bright colors so I chose colors that would go along with her home decor. I took Ball jars and then spray painted them with Rustoleum in two coats. I chose Rustoleum because it says it works for plastic so I figured why not glass too right?! Also, they had the greatest selection of colors to choose from!
Here are the jars by themselves drying (dried in about 3 hours)

In the meantime I made a little box to put them in, including this label and some coordinating fabric inside the box

Finally, in the box they went with some Lily of the Valleys from our yard. We have hundreds of them!

But they wouldn't quite stay put so I added some moss around them for support, and I think it add a little extra something!

2 comments:

  1. adorable! hope you make some for you! i totally need to do this.

    ReplyDelete