Thursday, March 3, 2011

Bird Cage with Perfect Pearls


So I went to Right At Home and did some more damage! Bought lots of fun new things including this birdcage stamp, the ribbon, and paper. My most exciting purchase (hey I don't get out much) was the Perfect Pearls pigment powder. I wasn't even planning on buying it, but I saw it when I was standing at the register and happened to ask what it was. Once she explained it to me I had to try it! So to get this shimmery look with your stamps, you first stamp the image on the paper with Versamark ink then go over it with a paintbrush using the pigment powder. The powder sticks to the ink and creates this effect. Once you're done you spray it with hairspray (found that tip on a blog) to get it to stay. I also read you could spray it with water but that seemed less fun. Just a tip- spray it right away! I decided to assemble the card first and then spray it and some of the pigment rubbed off a little. Anyway, enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Wow you are doing all sorts of fun stuff! I've never tried perfect pearls. You can do all sorts of stuff with it though. You can make your own glimmer mist, like tattered angels with it. I love your button and bow on this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have that paper in your background circle! loves it. i like the shimmer effect, i'll have to get some of that next time i got to RAH. thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete