Thursday, March 24, 2011

Flower and Quilted creations!


 So for this one I used the Clean and Simple Stamping website to come up with some new sketch ideas, been feeling like I'm in a rut lately so I needed some new inspiration. Although, now that I look at it I've totally done this before but sometimes you just need a reminder! I kinda forgot about this flower die so I got excited when I rediscovered it!



I love quilted cards and it's been awhile since I've done one! My mom just sent me a cute note in the mail with some crafty goodies and the note card was a quilt design so I was re-inspired to make one this morning! I have to say they can be kind of a pain to make with all that measuring but they're totally worth it at the end! I embossed the quilted part to give it some extra texture but most of that was pressed back out when I die cut the shape! Luckily a little bit was left, just enough to give it a textured look! I'm still trying to figure out how to get every last little bit of embossing powder off the card before heating it without messing up the embossed part so you'll see little tidbits here and there!

2 comments:

  1. Love these!!!! I love the Clean and Simple Stamping sketches! They're all I've been using for the craft fair! I have totally been wanting to do another quilted card too. How sweet of your mom. I usually give my paper some good flicks on the back to get rid of extra embossing powder. Or I use a small paintbrush and wipe it off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute cards K-Bomb!! I have been wanting to do more quilted cards too! I want to see how you do the embossing stuff, I know nothing about it. What flower die did you use? I really like it!

    ReplyDelete