Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Just Us Girls #92- Cardstock button


This week's JUGS challenge- click here- was to make a cardstock button. Well- I guess it was actually to "showcase" a cardstock button but I ended up making them smaller than I probably should have so I'm not even sure you can tell that the flower centers are "cardstock buttons"! Haha, oops! All kinds of fun new things going on here for me, I've never used flock before, never used this pom pom type ribbon before, and just tried this liquid pearl accent for the first time today. I love trying new things! I also did a messy stitch for the stems and didn't change out the bobbin from black so that showed a bit more than I had wanted- so what do you do? Make it work! I added black thread to buttons and stamped the sentiment in black to tie it all together. I'm totally enjoying this day off from work!!!

3 comments:

  1. You are SO funny! {And FUN! - I wanna get crafty with YOU!} I'm SO glad to hear about you trying ALL kinds of NEW things! Very courageous and fun! Your teeny tiny button centers are THAT much more adventerous - I love it! Such a bright spot in my travels when YOU have shared something with Just Us Girls! Thanks for making me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a wonderful job with your homemade buttons!!! Lovely card! Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfectly, spring-y, happy card :] Love your blooms that showcase your handmade buttons as their centers! Great work ;]

    Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls this week!!

    ReplyDelete