Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Make It Monday #18- tissue paper texture



So for this week's Papertrey Ink Make It Monday on Nichole Heady's blog-click here- the challenge is to use tissue paper to add texture to the card. This is something I've never done but I love it! You basically just cover your card with white glue and then add crinkled tissue paper to the top and run it through your die cutting machine to flatten it out. Love it! I posted three pics so you could see the texture closer up. I admit some of my tissue paper did rip a little- I think too much glue is the culprit and I also should have made sure the glue went all the way to the edges. But oh well, again this is my first go around. Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I really want this stamp set! Great job with it & the tissue paper challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, I'm loving this tissue paper challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a soft and elegant card, perfect for the tissue effect.
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kendra this is wonderful. My friend is a foreign languages teacher,she would love this one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how your card looks like a post card, very cleaver.

    ReplyDelete