Sunday, June 19, 2011

Right At Home Make and Takes




All kinds of fun new things going on here for me! We made these cards at Right At Home Scrapbooking during a monthly card class. I got to try several new things, yay! First, I've never worked with cork before (1st card), second for the leaf on that card it was wiped with distressing ink and then sprayed with glimmer mist. I've never just wiped ink all over anything before like that, didn't know you could do it! For the second card I got to try using alcohol ink (4 colors) and put it on a felt pad and "pounced" it around this shiny paper to make the pattern on the butterfly circle- very cool. While we were in the class, once I stamped the sentiment on I totally smeared it by mistake so had to redo the whole thing! Also, you can't see it here on the pic but once I put the ribbon on I went to trim the edge off and cut the card! Haha, oops. Also, the kraft card base was supposed to be on the first card and the white card was supposed to be on the second but oh well. All kinds of mess up here but I had fun!

1 comment:

  1. love the look of the cork, i'll have to try that out!

    ReplyDelete