Wednesday, February 16, 2011

love birds

I "whipped" this valentine's day card together the other day! Well, not really whipped, more like a cumbersome construction! The lettering on each square turned out to be quite the process! I have a "Love" stamp that I like the font on so I ended up having to ink each letter and individually stamp each letter on each square. The stamp is wooden, not clear by the way, so guessing the alignment was nearly impossible. I must have done 4 "Vs" and 4-5 "Es". Once I actually got the lettering right I kept punching the holes too close to the edge and then ripping them to get the punch off the paper, thank god for glue dots holding the letters in place! But when all is said and done, I love the way it turned out! I'm clearly obsessed with this color combo!

2 comments:

  1. I know you're on a budget, but I just got a stamp a ma jig for like $10 at my SU party! This tool is pretty amazing. And I had no idea such a thing existed, the one thing Stacey helped me with. It's super helpful to get the placement right with your wooden stamps! It has saved me lots of paper and time for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this card is really cute. i like the clothesline thing and i didn't realize you had done that from the FB picture...I don't know why. I like how you ended it with the brads, I'm going to try that too. i love that color combo too.

    ReplyDelete