Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Mojo Monday 178

Here is my first attempt at trying a blog layout challenge! This one is from www.mojomonday.blogspot.com. For some reason making a card with an agenda is a lot harder than just coming up with something on your own, but I definitely enjoyed it because it pushed me past my normal comfort zone of my typical horizontal layout! I finally used my cuttlebug birthday cake die which for some reason I've been avoiding (probably because getting each little piece adhered was a challenge all in itself!). I also stole Jess's little flower idea that she just taught us- thanks Jess! Since I'm running low on twine, I remembered I threw a couple shorter pieces away the other day so I shamefully dug through my trash can to find it for this card! To be fair it's only craft trash in there- don't think I'm disgusting! I'm on a budget here! I made the mistake of using light blue ink at first for the happy birthday and then when I took the pics of the card you couldn't read it at all so I had to go back over it with pink! Anyway, I hope you like it!

4 comments:

  1. Great job! Love the doily for the circle. And I love the button flowers, obviously! YAY first challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm gonna try this challenge too, i need help with going outside my comfort zone as well. also, i like the card a lot!

    ReplyDelete