Monday, February 14, 2011

something new...but old

I figured I've been doing so many colorful cards, time to do something a little more vintage looking. More sewing jams but I'm starting to get less angry about it now and just deal with it! My mother-in-law got these pocket watch chips from a cute little store in Bristol called Time and Thyme Again for me because she knows I love vintagy (I know it's not a word) looking things. I also wanted to use the tea dye ink I bought about two weeks ago and have been dying to try. Because I don't have the right tools for it, I ended up putting it on with a makeup sponge, but it seemed to work alright! I also ended up writing the message by hand due to the lack of a proper stamp with the right message, which I don't love but I'm broke right now and can't by anymore stamps for a little while! The good old fashioned way will have to do for now!

2 comments:

  1. i thought i recognized your handwriting. i like it though! it's a nice touch, i want to try that too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're handwriting looks great, but you could always use a printer, and print right on your cardstock, then distress it. We are always low on ink in my house.

    ReplyDelete