Monday, February 21, 2011

Zentangle



So I took a fun new class today called Zentangle! My mother-in-law Robin got the kit for Christmas for herself, my sister-in-law Erin, and I and we took the two hour class today. It's kind of hard to explain what this is all about but basically the purpose is to create different patterns on the tile. There are no mistakes- which I love- and the point is to use your creativity and to relax and enter a meditative state while doing it. It's hard to understand until you try it, but once I started I couldn't stop today. It's really fun to try to come up with new ways to recreate patterns you've already learned and come up with your very own. To learn more about it, check out www.zentangle.com.
PS- Sorry the pics are blurry! 

2 comments:

  1. i love to doodle, so i think this is pretty awesome! looks really cool & fun to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you made these tiles? Crazy! Oh that Robin! I want to hear more about this...

    ReplyDelete