Sunday, February 20, 2011

Man card



A friend at work mentioned she wanted a card for her husband and of course I offered to make one! She just wanted a general card, no real purpose and she said he likes music, he plays the piano, and he likes food. So the wheels started turning for a design and I found this perfect quote online! Let me just say, making a card for a man is so much harder than for a woman! As my husband put it "guys don't give a sh** about cards, they just through them away after they read them". I guess that makes sense when you see that pretty much all cards are kind of girlie! So i finally came up with a dude design and at the very end decided to do a zig zag stitch on the edge. Big mistake, this paper is too thin for this! It kept ripping a little and the machine kept skipping stitches and jamming! I dejammed the machine probably four times and the worst part was the bottom but at that point I couldn't take it anymore. It was either throw the machine across the room or cover it up with ribbon. I chose option two thankfully. Finally got to use my Walnut Ink spray which was fun to use especially paired with my new Lettuce colored ink dabber.

2 comments:

  1. Adam knows all about the difficulties in making man cards! Good work! I love the quote too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how to make man cards. I'm just making cards with swears on them now for Tim. They just aren't fun to make. I like flowers.

    ReplyDelete